CIRQUIT 2, 2016. Creativity and experimentation through new media
- March 9th and 10th, 2016
- Conference main room at EINA
Cirquit is a didactic, transversal, open and participative event, where dialogue, creativity and experimentation converge with new media available.
##DAY 1 /// Wednesday, March 9th
INTERACTIVE CONFERENCE: INSTALLATION HELENA - Exclusive to EINA! web
Important: to interact with the talks you must bring your mobile device incorporating a lantern
Helena comes from the ancient greek ἑλένη meaning "torch". Heliaia or Heliaea (Ancient Greek: Ήλιαία; Doric: Ἁλία Halia) was the supreme court of ancient Athens. The judges were called heliasts.
Helena is a system that transforms the audience of a conference into Heliasts in order to interact with the speakers and express their opinion towards different topics.
We understand that our way of perceiving conferences is still found within one way monologues with the public. Trying to break this unilateral transmission of information will enrich the experience of a conference in so many ways, creating a dialogue, spreading discussions and starting new conversations.
CREATIVE EXPIRIENCE - Talks
- Pocull - My experience. Animation, illustration
- Wete - Experiments and synergies between typography and 3D animation
- Felix Vinyals - "Torval: 1helmet of electroencefalogrames for making music with the brain"
//////2:30pm////// - BREAK
MICROCHIP - Talks
Students and Alumni of EINA
- Carlota Castells - Short-film: History of an Object Two Awards: Best Director at the Underwire Festival in London and Silver Award in Etiuda & Anima in Poland - Film direction
- Alícia Way - Recerca, Diamonds. Representation of the affective body in the digital space - Data, 3D print, social network
- Carlos Pamplona - Pinyata, an interactive children's story - illustration, animation, interactivity
- Eva Hilla - #democrazy and the showbusiness society - Animation, humor
- Rahka Walter - Spirograph - Drawing, Arduino
//////4pm - 6pm//////
VONHEIMER - Music, meeting point, vernissage
##DAY 2 /// Thursday, March 10th
Workshop Wearable Futures
- Alexa Pollman (Uk)
Alexa is course leader of the Wearable Futures MA at Ravensbourne College London, Founder of the Peut-Porter Platform and current Designer in Residence at the Design Museum London.
- Will Pearson (Uk)
Director of Technology at Ravensbourne
Look at the perks of self-Optimisation, defineix new Bodily Ideals and functions or dream of new societies - this workshop convidis que vostè pugui design by looking at the social, political and technological impact 'wearables' have on our lives, our bodies and our culture . Alexa Pollmann will guide you in crafting future scenarios with a focus on design for, of and around the body.
Important: This workshop will be in English language and is exclusively available to students of the Degree in Design at EINA, of whatever special area of expertise, but with a curiosity over wearables. Third and fourth year students will be considered, as well as students working on a Final Project around the topics proposed. Maximum 20 participants. To reserve your place, send an email to Claudio Molina or Elena Bartomeu
Suggested Materials: Notebook, mobile or camera, laptop, pencil, pens or whatever material or tool of preference.
//////5pm////// - BREAK
ROUND TABLE // LONG LIFE TO DATA!
Implication of digital culture in the fields of art and design
Long life to the data! * Is a round table where we will discuss the influence of digital culture to the practice, learning and trends in art and design. Evaluate the presence of digital culture in our creative environments thanks to the participation of Santi Vilanova, Hunch, Pri, Alexa Pollman and Will Pearson, who will share their experiences and bring us with their projects into the digital world, a place closer than it appears.
Santi Vilanova - Professor of Digital Creativity and Scenography at EINA - interactivity animation
- Enric Garrido - Professor at BAU
- Hunch - Saul Baeza Industrial design - wereables - experimentation - fashion
- Col·lec - multidisciplinary organism, formed by creators out of different Universities in Barcelona.
- Christian Rey, musician and designer. The Pinker Tones.
- Alexa Pollman (Uk)
Subject leader: MA / MSC Wearable Futures
- Will Pearson (Uk) - Director of Technology at Ravensbourne
- Host: Elena Bartomeu
CLOUSURE CIRQUIT 2016 // music, meeting point, vernissage
EXHIBITION At the main entrance of EINA, works of animation, interactivity and Arduino will be in exhibit during both days of the event.
Subjects collaborating in CIRQUIT 2016
- Audiovisual Resources in Design
- Identity Design Elements
- Digital Creativity
- Graphics in Movement
- Stamping Techniques