Designer or chameleon? - Alumni Training Capsule
Alumni EINA is organising the following training capsule session for the next semester:
Designer or chameleon?
- Gemma Terol
- Friday 15 March 20198, from 4 pm to 8 pm
You will need a university identification number (NIU/NIA) and a password. If you are not an EINA student yet, you can obtain them here.
Starting a business from scratch, and having your own business, has parts that are gratifying and others that are tough. In “Designer or chameleon?”, Gemma will share some tips and some "that I wouldn’t do again". She will look at the importance of being versatile and being ready for anything that might come along, because one day "your life’s dream” will come calling, and the next day it’s a customer who won’t pay. One night, you go out for a few drinks with your partners, and a week later, one of them doesn’t believe in this new focus you want to give the studio.
The content of the capsule will be based on the following aspects:
- Types of companies that exist, advantages and disadvantages of each one.
- Team structure and roles.
- How to find clients. Methods, contacts, cold calling.
- Types of documents that help manage numbers.
- The role of the management agent. Online or in person?
- Billing programs.
- Time-saving programs.
- "Romantic" mistakes to avoid.
- The advantages of working for yourself.
- The disadvantages of working for yourself.
Gemma Terol graduated in Graphic Design in 2001. Since then, she has worked as a designer, almost half her life; Publications Manager at EINA, freelance designer for the Carme Vives Studio, Art Director with a small publishing house and in the advertising division of the BPMO communication group. In 2010, she began her first personal project alongside two partners, the theroomrooms studio. Today, eight years later, she is setting out on a new solo professional project, a studio that is emerging from her professional maturity, with a more experimental and personal focus.
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org