Presentation of the “TYPOEINA 01” publication
- 17 May at 6.30 pm
- Barcelona Design Museum. Room B+C
- Open to the public
“TYPOEINA01” is the first issue of a publication on typography linked to the EINA Master's in Advanced Typography, coordinated by Enric Jardí, and to the school’s lengthy tradition in professional and academic training in this design discipline.
TYPOEINA01: From typographic detail to the organisation of space and theoretical contribution focuses on the two basic areas of training: letter design and its use in the composition of the possible graphic supports. The publication includes a selection of alphabet research and design work by students on the master’s course as well as a look back at the major figure and the role played by Josep Maria Pujol (1947-2012) at EINA and on the study and teaching of typography.
The following are the research work and typographic designs that feature:
- Julia Sturm - On Typographic Superfamilies: Investigating the History, Nature and Rationale of Extended Typeface Families
- Elio Salichs - The Importance of Adrian Frutiger in the Consolidation of a New Typographic Category
- Laia Soler i Canaleta - Review of the Origin of the Humanistic Cursive to its Formalisation: from Niccolò to Bartolomeo Sanvito
- Guillermo Bragoni - “Stampa” typeface
- Natalia Weber Antón - “Stimme” typeface
The presentation will feature Pilar Vélez, director of Barcelona Design Museum, and Enric Jardí, coordinator of the publication, along with various collaborators on the master’s programme.
A copy of the book will be given to all those attending.