Immediate Seminar. Art + Objects by Graham Harman: art is not knowledge
- Classroom E1 EINA, Barcelona
- 28 January 2020, from 4 pm to 8 pm
- Open to the public
- To request attendance certificates, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
"Immediate Seminar" is part of the Doctoral Programme of the Faculty of Philosophy of the Autonomous University of Barcelona.
The recent publication of Art + Object is not just relevant for being the first book that Graham Harman has devoted entirely to the detailed study of the relationships between Object-Oriented Ontology (OOO) and art, but also because it offers an attentive, original and polemic reading of essential texts of twentieth-century art criticism such as "Art and Objecthood" by Michael Fried and "Avantgarde and Kitsch" by Clement Greenberg.
The aim of the seminar is to share in the now of the book’s publication and start the discussion from the immediacy of the first reading.
- Judit Colomer. Dramatized Fried: observer+performer of the aesthetics of OOO.
- Oriol Fontdevila. Relational Greenberg: challenges of a new object to art theory.
- Octavi Rofes. Animist Ortega: the allusive beauty of OOO.
Recommended reading for participants: the book Art+Objects by Graham Harman.